Here's the latest Sow-A-Long block that Randy posted this past Sunday. I think I'm cheating with that brown dotted fabric lumping it with the Civil War reproductions but I couldn't resist using it.
I pressed all the seams open and that helped immensely getting the block to lay flat. The blocks are all six-inches finished.
Because the HSTs are small, two-inches unsewn, I've been making them a bit larger and then trimming them down to size. I originally used a small square ruler but it kept slipping until I tried my very large fifteen-inch square ruler. It looks silly but is really stable!
Next up, more work on my Ugly Fabric Challenge---the green batik being the ugly one.
This is the collection of uglies I received.
And part of a block I made. I am having a difficult time working in my favorite, the vegetable print on the lower right. I have until October to figure something out.
Lastly, a picture of some baby heirloom tomatoes. I've been seeing these recently at Fresh Market and thought I'd try them. My understanding is they are not hybrids and are from historical seeds, the way tomatoes used to look before big agriculture got involved.
Talk to you later~