Friday, May 11, 2012

Day Eleven

I joined Blogathon 2012 the end of April organized by non-quilter (haha) Michelle Rafter. The agreement was to post all 31 days of this month.  It's been a breeze some days, and others are mighty onerous.  Today falls into the latter category.   My daughter challenged me to do it.  I should have remembered she's the writer and creative one in the family.  But goals were set and promises made.  I have made certain discoveries about myself which is a good thing and probably was a clever built-in plan of the whole endeavor.  Now on to quilt-related things...

Those 2.5 inch squares are what I received from my swap partners when I signed up for The Curious Quilter's Postage Stamp Quilt swap.  The rules were to send 100 unique squares of quilt shop quality to our partners and they would send us back 100 unique squares.  It's amazing how 'quilt shop quality' seems to be a free floating term with some people.  Anyhow, two-thirds of my squares were wonderful, the other third we won't discuss any further. 
More squares---I plan on using them as leaders/enders to make the quilt which is simply squares sewn 4 by 4 to make blocks and then sew these blocks together for the quilt.
Uh oh, looks like someone got up on the wrong side of the cat bed.  Her expression epitomizes my mood today.
Happy sewing---talk to you tomorrow~

No comments: