Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sisyphus





I started straight line quilting today, straight being a relative term. The first 3 pictures kind of convey how I felt about the task.  Ripped out a few lines then just decided how it turns out will just have to be 'good enough'.


It seemed no matter how hard I tried I could just not get the lines nice and straight.

Things improved when I got to the unpieced negative sections.  Then it was a struggle to keep the lines even and straight.  Visions of meandering quilting kept dancing in my head!


I bought these my last trip up to Alabama to visit my DD.  I took a side trip up to Mary Jo's in Gastonia, NC on the way back to Florida. I highly recommend them. I usually just use a pair of gardening gloves but they get hot.  These are nice and thin and grip perfectly.






No comments: