I did a disappearing 9-patch swap a while back using red and aqua fabrics. The participants made 100 blocks, sent them in to the organizer, and received 99 (plus one of your own) back. I was clueless what to do with the blocks, I just knew I did not want to put them all together as a D9P quilt. And the cutting and sewing of the blocks, well, let's just say they were a bit wonky! Yikes! They languished on a shelf for months until an idea was formed, I'm working on the border now and hope to show the finished top this afternoon. here's a sneak peak.
And look at this guy, lounging in the sun poolside!