Friday, December 5, 2014

Third Time's the Charm

I finally got to shop at Suzanne's Quilt Shop in Moultrie, Georgia on Tuesday past.  The first two times things just did not work out.  The first was a timing issue having arrived for close of business, my second attempt I decided I'd stay in a nearby hotel and visit in the morning.  Well, just about every farmer in a radius of 500 miles was in Moultrie for the whole week for a big Agricultural Expo so that meant there was not a hotel room to be found anywhere.  At this point, what started out to be a casual trip to a quilt shop I'd never seen, segued into a bit of an obsession for me.  Lots of pictures to share…




I love this! I have the pattern just haven't made it yet.



So many Asian fabrics, the flip-side of the shelves are filled with them also.


A whole section of Batiks.



My favorite quilt on display, simple red, white, and blue but it's wonderful! I want to go on a picnic looking at it!  Here's a closeup...


A huge section of Civil War Reproduction fabrics.




I forgot to take a picture of my purchases, I'll post that tomorrow.

Today, I made a drawstring bag using Jeni's tutorial on In Color Order.  I'd made the size featured in the tutorial but decided I'd enlarge it which is what I did.  It turned out about 13 by 8 by 4 inches. A perfect size for neatly wrapping my niece's Christmas presents.


Thanks for stopping by~

1 comment:

Jan Baker said...

No wonder you where determined to get there. Did they have any western fabric?