Sunday, May 6, 2012

On the Road

We got the apartment all packed and loaded on Friday afternoon and then drove down to Paducah for a visit to Hancock's on Saturday morning.   Nothing like a leisurely look at fabric to take away the stress of moving.



I think this is my favorite part of the store:  the remnant tables.  Love the reduced prices.

I was able to find a few pieces of Civil War Reproduction fabrics and a striped woven for a quilt I plan to make for my nephew using the Tri-Rec ruler.

It was then onward to Chattanooga, Tennessee for a long overdue visit to the Tennessee Aquarium.  We've been meaning to stop for years going back and forth to Washington University.
It's an impressive aquarium set in a park-like setting right on the Tennessee River. They  had some beautiful glass displayed by a variety of artists that were just stunning to see.
I think my favorite was the butterfly garden.  Just look at the color of those wings.
Talk to you later~

No comments: