Hey everyone, another finish to share. First I want to thank everyone on my last post for all the kind words you left. I really appreciate it!
This is a quilt I made after participating in a red/aqua disappearing 9-patch a few years ago. You'll notice it's not a disappearing 9-patch at all but an Arkansas crossroads quilt. After I received my 100 blocks and started working with them it was clear I had swapped with quilters who were a bit sewing challenged. Of the 100 blocks I think I had 23 or so that were usable. So I did what any perfectionist would (Ha!), and took them apart and made new blocks. It wasn't as bad as it sounds. It was fun seeing the variety of fabrics.
I've been working strictly from my stash for backings. Here I just sewed together some low volume white/reds.
And quilted straight lines with my Bernina 1530 in an all-over grid.
Well, two finished, 5,435 to go! :) It feels that way whenever I peek into my "studio" closet. Whatever was I thinking!
Talk to you later!
Oooh, what a pretty quilt! I love the aqua and red in this one. I also love the dragonfly that was checking it out in one of the pics! My sister says dragonflies bring luck :-) I've had some bad luck in some block swaps, too. Oh, well. Hopefully it's a fun, learning experience for all.
Wow! What a quilt! I like it...
Post a Comment