I don't know why, but I did, start a new project. My first mystery quilt via Quiltville's Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt. I kept running into fellow bloggers doing this quilt and decided to join in. I find the directions a bit scattered but after reading through them several times I've figured things out.
I ran across these which I have been carting around every time I've moved. According to the dated price tag, I got them in 1991. Yup, that sounds right. They worked great for the 280 HSTs I needed.
Using fabric mostly from my stash, this is clue#1,
I discovered quite the pile of blacks I could have used rather than buying some new ones. Oh well…
My stack of Broken Dishes blocks. Sorry for the poor photo.
Then onto clue#2 and Double Diamond blocks. These are time consuming. I elected to do the stitch-and-flip method of construction as I didn't trust my printer to print the template right.
I just cut out everything, made a few, and plan on taking it up to Alabama for when I visit my daughter next week.
And lastly, started clue#3 which is an 8-patch using neutrals, greens, and black. I am way behind but I did start the sew along about 10 days after it started. I also need to squeeze some Christmas shopping in here somewhere! Yikes!
Thanks for visiting!