Monday, February 25, 2013

Motivated, not!

Ok, ok, I have not fallen off the face of the Earth, it just feels like it. My little sewing buddy has started to show her age.
Look this way...
Yes, you, silly!  She turned 19 (Yikes! ~ That's 92 in people years!) on February 9 and we've had her into the vet many times in the past few weeks.  I love this cat! Needless to say, I did not take the diagnosis of terminal kidney disease lightly. Waahhhh!!! She's on medication for blood pressure, potassium supplements, steroids, appetite stimulants, etc.
The sad thing is when you look at her, she looks pretty good. It's just a constant battle to get her to eat. When the toxins build up in the blood too much we have to take her into the vet to get subcutaneous fluids injected under the scruff of her neck. It takes a bit to be absorbed so she looks all lumpy until that happens.  I suspect on our visit tomorrow I will be instructed on how to do this at home. Not looking forward to that!
My daughter's now 23 and Cinabella has been a part of her life since she was 4 years old. I know all this is not a 'cure' but simply will buy us a bit of time anywhere from a couple of weeks to a year according to our vet.
Anyway, I've  been spending my time reading rather than sewing. For some reason I find reading more distracting.
I have done a tiny bit of shopping trying to get back in the sewing groove...
Two spools of thread at Wal-mart (had to do something while waiting for the cat's prescription. I liked the admonition for her to not drive or operate machinery while taking the drug! and yes, they knew it was for a cat!)
And lookie at this good deal,
One of my LQSs was selling their scraps for $2.00/pound. And you got to go through the scraps to choose.
I think I got a nice variety.
All for 80 cents! Can you believe it? I've been participating in swaps and collecting swaps to make a quilt made up of 2.5 inch squares. Mary over at her blog runs swaps for this a few times a year.
Here's my collection so far,
That's it for now! Thanks for stopping by.
I plan on participating in the Quilting Gallery blog hop in early March so be sure to some back for that.
Happy sewing~

No comments: