Thursday, November 20, 2014

The Last Pictures



The weather warmed, a bit, and the sun came out and every bug in the area, it seemed, leaped or flew onto my quilt.


This large wasp being one of the first to arrive.  And I just read The Wasp Scene in The Bees book last night so this really creeped me out!  (Anyone else reading this book?)  It would not leave!


Here's a close-up of the negative space.  I love the way it turns out though sewing it I was not feeling any love whatsoever.  I was afraid the density would make the quilt stiff, but no, it's nice and soft.  My first time using Aurifil, 50 wt., for quilting and I see why it gets such rave reviews.  I also used it for hand sewing the binding and it was great.  No tangles.


I made a section of binding with all the colors, didn't want anyone slighted!



Pretty pleased with myself at this point, the wasp is gone!  Little did I know it hitched a ride into the house on my hair.

Thanks for stopping by~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great setting, and I love the palette.

Kat said...

Great finish! I love what you did with the negative space quilting.

Pieced Brain Quilt Designs said...

What a beautiful quilt...

kathy-o said...

Beautiful!!!!! not the wasp - the quilt!

Mrs Quinn said...

Beautiful. You are inspiring me to finish mine!

Nupur said...

Gorgeous! Love your straight line quilting.