Monday, October 5, 2009

A Weekend Made for Sewing


A big thank you to all visiting Year of Schnibblers even if you didn't leave a comment! And a reminder if you don't have your email set to "show my email address" in your Profile it makes it difficult for me to respond to you! And please do leave a comment, I love receiving them.
Laurie over at A Yankee Quilter is collecting 9.5 inch (unfinished) quilt blocks to make a quilt for her friend Terry who is going through some difficult times. There are some Jelly Rolls and gift certificate giveaways involved, so check it out if you can. This is the block I made.

Whenever I need a block for something like this I always go to this book. It's great if you're looking for a certain size block.

The only thing that would make it complete would be pressing directions.

Did more sewing on Saturday as I got my aqua/red 9-patches done for Jane's swap. They turned out great.

Made the 9-patches "disappear" on Sunday when I cut them apart. This was my first foray into the Disappearing 9-Patch so I couldn't wait to see what developed.

Here's my stack of 100 blocks. To recap, I made 25 9-patches, half with red in 5 of the blocks and half with aqua in 5 of the blocks and then cut them all in half lengthwise and crosswise to get the 100 blocks. It's a lot of fun and would be great for a beginner.

I love this machine!!! We had a new post office open nearby this year and they put one of these babies in the lobby, woo hoo! You can buy stamps, mail packages, and all sorts of neat things. I particularly like to use it when there's a long line for counter service or like I did yesterday, on Sundays!

Time for a new project and what better place to look, the shelves where I store my quilt kits. I have a bit of an addiction to these and like many quilters am so optimistic about making them.

Grabbed the easiest one. This kit came from a quilt featured in Quilt Sampler magazine Spring/Summer 2006 and the fabric line was called Garden Maze by Free Spirit.

The fabric is so cheery and summery, I love it!


And here's a picture of the finished quilt, Springtime in Oklahoma.
Talk to you later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that block.

Unknown said...

Wow you are one busy quilter!! I remember seeing that last quilt and just loving the colors.