Saturday, October 31, 2009

October Schnibbles: Roo Who?



Here's my October Schnibbles Cindy Lou Who, I call it Roo Who?. I think I need to explain. My cat's name, Cinabella, is a blend of her parents' names, Bell Hop and Cinderella. I think I've mentioned before she's a Tonkinese. Well, right after we got her somehow we started calling her a Tonker-Roo and that evolved to Roo which became her nickname and, believe it or not she responds to her name and nickname. Vets are always amazed by this fact. I think it kind of stuck cause my daughter at the time was 4 years old and goofy was in! Anyway, when people visit our house and they hear her nickname invariably they say, Roo who?



I think this guy really exemplifies what cats think of Christmas morning and all that crinkly wrapping paper.



Be sure to check out the Schnibbles Parade tomorrow on Sherri's and Sinta's blogs.





Leave a comment and I'll enter your name in the drawing for this kit to make a Christmas pillowcase, complete with instructions. There wasn't enough left of the border fabric for a pillowcase but I can throw in a fat quarter of it. And...



a box of the cutest tissues you have ever seen! Look at those cats! Would this not make the sweetest fabric? I stumbled across it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and just had to have it. The clerk looked at me strangely when I told her at checkout I was buying the tissues solely for the boxes.







And there were owls too! Although I'm more partial to the cats.




Enjoy your Halloween,
Thanks for stopping by.
Oh, and entries close midnight Nov. 2.

14 comments:

Anne D said...

Ilove your schnibbles. I really like the white snowballs. What a great idea!

Unknown said...

I love your Schnibbles. And those owl tissue boxes are too cute.

Anonymous said...

I want those tissues!!!! They're adorable.

Jocelyn said...

Marianne, your Schnibbles turned out so cute! And I love the tissue boxes. Thanks for including a great giveaway!

Simone de Klerk said...

Ah, now I see a close up of your Schnibbles and read the story behind it, it is even prettier (((O: Love the name you gave it.
And what a lovely giveaway! To tell you the truth, I would go for the owls, but then we don't have a cat but a dog (does that make sense?)
Have a happy Sunday!!!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh yours turned out great! I love the Roo-border. :-) I think I would've fallen for the tissue boxes too~ love them both! Have a happy day!

Lanette said...

I love the vibrant fabric - just beautiful!!

Loves to Quilt said...

Thank you Marianne for stopping by my blog! My son loves cats, and would love to have a pillow case with cats on it. Or, maybe I would just like to give him one and watch his reaction!!


Sandy

Annette said...

I'm loving your Schnibble. Great job! I haven't seen those tissue boxes before...or I would have bought some. Very fun.

Ariane said...

Your Schnibbles quilt is beautiful. I love the border print you used. It's so cute. Those tissue boxes are adorable. You can make appliques using that pattern.

Alicia said...

You picked great prints for this Schnibbles, and I have to add, that I call my dog "Mack-Noodle." He responds to Mack, he also responds to "Noodle." The neighbor kids love calling him that, and its so cute to hear the younger ones calling him "Mack-Noona."

Strlady said...

Your Xmas Schnibble turned out great and with a bit of story behind it, it also makes it special!!

Helen said...

Love the kitty fabric. We have 2 cats and a dog. They all have real and nicknames.
Thanks for the fun giveaway. I am crossing my fingers.

Robin C said...

Marianne,
love the cat fabrics. I collect them too. and the tissue boxes are very cute.

We have 2 new babies that I found at work so I've been mia on computerland.