Monday, November 3, 2008

Someone Stop Me!



I signed up for another small quilt swap, the Challenge in a Bag Mini Quilt Swap! This one hosted by Tracyand her Dad, Tom This time we have to choose the fabric we want a quilt made from and any extra embellishments such as ribbons, buttons, ric-rac,that we'd like to see used. We also know who our partner is this time. The finished quilts are due to be exchanged by the end of January. I might add some ric-rac and some buttons. We can also add any other ingredients from our own supplies. I can't wait to get started.

These are the fabrics I'm going to send. It's part of a new line at Joann's called Heidi Grace. They have a kind of sixties look that appealed to me. I am a bit of a fabric snob and do not ever buy fabric for quilting at Joann's but these seemed to be of a better quality. Anyway, the wear and tear on a small quilt is probably minimal. There was also a very cute pink and purple line with houses and birds. Considering the colors and design, they are just perfect for a little girl's quilt. The ones I bought turned out nicely after washing and drying.




I also picked up this Debbie Mumm notions kit for my daughter at college. When I visited her last week I had to sew a button on a jacket using one of those travel kits the Holiday Inn provides.



I think I need to upgrade the contents and take out that blue marking pencil!

1 comment:

Lulabell said...

Looking forward to seeing the latest quilt swap. Thank you for your comment on my blog, I am feeling much better.