Monday, May 4, 2009

A Good Read


I did not expect to like this book. In fact I was rather smug in my knowledge of just knowing I was not going to like this book. I might add, my daughter is a big fan of the author, Jodi Picoult having read almost all of her books. Even that couldn't inspire me. Well, to shorten a long story, I picked up the book one day in the bookstore and couldn't put it down! It is so well-written with engaging real-life characters. She is a master at capturing the domestic tableau. I really related to the scenes when the parents were accused of child abuse. When my daughter was three and in preschool, a Quaker preschool no less, a boy pushed her down and broke her arm. It broke as if her arm had been twisted and I was suspect. After much discussion and phone calls to the preschool all ended satisfactorily. Anyway, it's a good read if you are looking for one.

1 comment:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I always love her books. They make you think and they make you feel. The first one I read "My Sisters Keeper" is still my favorite.