Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Quilt In A Bag Swap


A few months ago I joined an online group of quilters. We were to send to an assigned partner fabric of our choosing. They'd make a quilt, and then we'd swap. We were allowed to add any additional fabric or buttons, ribbon, lace, etc. we desired. I received mine and it is so cute! It measures about 17 by 21 inches. I am running a bit late getting mine out but will post a picture after my partner receives it. You can see the fabric I sent here.

The very talented Solidia also made some notecards using the leftover fabric. She took the fabric, cut shapes and sewed them onto the cards. The house one is my favorite.

Made a block for the Batik Challenge but progress is slow there, errands have been keeping me too busy. I accomplished a major one yesterday and had my passport photo taken. I hate having my picture taken especially by a stranger! Weird, I know.

I'll leave you with this new fabric by Robert Kaufman from a line called Forest Fun just out. I know owls are quite popular now and these guys are so sweet!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loving everything that you have posted. The colors in your batik challenge are fabulous. Although, I think that I already told you that. I love that owl fabric.