Monday, January 19, 2009

Just One of Those Projects...


A few months ago I joined the Black and White Challenge Project. There's a badge in the right sidebar attesting to such. The minimal requirement established by the project's founder is to make one project using black and white fabrics with one accent color to be completed in 2009. Well, I do plan on making a quilt but when I ran across this cute little sewing wallet I thought it would be a great Black and White project. What's this? I need something called Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece? Stood in line for 25 minutes on Saturday at Joann's to get some cut. That in itself was a mistake. I forgot I'd encounter all the tourists. But I digress. Back to the matter at hand.

Gathered all the supplies, chose the fabrics and accent color, a pink Batik, and got started. I fused the fleece onto the wrong side of the front of the wallet with no problem.

Then I fused the fleece onto the wrong side of the back of the wallet. Ack! The black dots bled! Darn, must not have washed the fabrics before hand. Well, let me go wash and try again.

As you can see the dots still bled, not as much but it's still there. The only thing I can figure out is the adhesive must have interacted somehow. Has anyone else used this product and had this problem? I will have to try again with another fabric as I am all out of those dots.

Sewing wallet project comes from this magazine.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

What a cute project! I have used that product before but never had that happen. I wish I could be of help here.

~Michelle~ said...

Saw this on the B&W blog, so I came over to investigate to see if you have the pattern listed because it is very cute! Your finished product looks exactly like the magazine photos!

I use 987F all the time when making bags, and I've never had my fabric bleed. I've had some of the very cheapo solids from Joann heat warp a little (ie, the coloration changes slightly), but that seems to be the fabric, as it does that with or without the fleece. Very strange! I blame the fabric...