Monday, January 26, 2009

How I Spent The Weekend


I promised Jackie in December I'd make some pillowcases for a charity she supports.

So I spent Saturday afternoon cutting and sewing. I figured this would be a good project as I am also caring for a pet who is terminally ill with cancer. While I am in no way equating sick children with sick animals, my efforts seemed to dovetail nicely.

I've made 8 so far and I must say the instructions she sent are easy to follow and produce a great finished product. You first sew the body of the case to the cuff which also hides the seam. Quite ingenious! Then you sew a French seam along the sides which makes everything so tidy. Ingenious again!

Here's my stack.

I had to share a picture of the selvedge on one of the fabrics I used. I love the typo!

On Sunday afternoon I cut out some homespun for making cornerstones

for this quilt that's been on my design wall too long.

Here's a look at the sashing fabric I'm using. Darker than planned but it's out of the stash!
Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Marianne, be still my heart! The pillowcases are fantastic and I am truly touched. The kids will be thrilled! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!! I love them all.

The homespun quilt is great. This is not normally my palette, but it so works for me. I love the sashing you chose. Fantastic!