Tuesday, April 17, 2012


Here's what I came up with using the red/aqua D9P blocks.  The majority were in pretty bad shape, cut crookedly, tiny seam allowances, so much so, that I ended up taking the blocks apart and resewing into 4-patches and an assortment of 4-inch sized squares.  I made 64 Arkansas Crossroads blocks and then turned every other row to get that zigzag effect. 
I had a fun time revisiting the variety of fabrics used.
I like the way the aqua ranged from very light to very dark with a bit of teal and seafoam green thrown in.
It's not a combo of colors I ever work with and it's certainly not a favorite of mine, but I am glad it is out of plastic bag and off the shelf.  I might even quilt this one myself. 

No comments: