Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Unpacking

Arrived home late last night from St. Louis and I can say a good time was had by all despite the uncooperative weather. We tried out a number of restaurants on The Hill, all great food. A treat for me was seeing all the fall foliage. And of course, before I left I checked out the quilt shops and found one that I had to visit! It was featured in American Patchwork & Quilting Quilt Sampler Magazine in 2001, The Quilted Fox. It's a great store with a huge collection of Asian, African, and Australian fabrics. It was difficult but I restrained myself and only bought a few items, two greens, a small red stripe, and a pattern for a doll quilt...





I mentioned previously my dearth of light Asian fabrics so I bought a few half yards. The store does half yards rather that fat quarters. Most of the fabrics on the bolt could be found in half yard cuts.



And finally these two Asians, the red was so pretty I couldn't leave it as well as the luscious purple.




I visit Bonnie Hunter's blog, Quiltville and had ordered her book. It came right before I left. I've been through it briefly and recommend it highly. If you like scrap quilts you will not be disappointed.


No comments: