Sunday, February 8, 2015

Productive Sunday, Sort Of


I shouldn't have but I did, joined this little swap at the Fort Worth Fabric Studio's blog.  I say shouldn't have as I never seem to have much luck in getting a partner who's worth her weight in the sewing room.  But I am the eternal optimist and thought I'd give it another shot.


Here's what I made. My first quilt this small.  Amazing how quickly it all went together.  I think it took me longer to choose the binding fabric than to make the whole mini from start to finish.


The back, and yes, I did add a label later.


Also made a pincushion with some scraps and leftover crushed walnut shells.  Added some other goodies and it's on its way to my partner.



This poor top has been on my living room sofa waiting to be pin-basted since June.  That's embarrassing!  I thought I had some white batting but none the right size so a quick run to Joann's was necessary.  That's all basted and ready to be quilted.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: