Friday, March 26, 2010

Salute to England




Several years ago I spent 3 weeks touring England in a rental car.  A country filled with archaic cathedrals,
historic castles, bad food (sorry) and a plenitude of roundabouts!  So similar to our traffic circles (or rotaries in Massachusetts) but so confusing and comical to negotiate driving on the left-hand side of the road.  There's a huge one in London, I can't remember the name of, that had us going in circles for what seemed miles! Definitely not for the faint-hearted nor humorless!
Anyway, this Roundabout was a lot more fun, it was the Year of Schnibbles pattern for the month.  The Parade of the participants' quilts will be  April 1 over at Sherri's and Sinta's blogs.
I made mine with one charm pack of American Primer by Minick and Simpson and assorted stash fabrics.  It was such an easy pattern.
  
Thanks for reading my blog.





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Schnibble!

Sasha said...

I love your Roundabout!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I love your story behind the name for this quilt and the photos of England - beautiful.

Allyson said...

Love your Roundabout! American Primer is one of those FQ Bundles that I just can't cut into. It sits and sits and never sees the cutting table, poor thing. Maybe if I keep looking at your Schnibble, I'll get brave enough to at least untie the Moda ribbon!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your Roundabout looks great! It was a fun and easy pattern this month.

Béa said...

Love your Schnibbles & great choice of fabrics.
Hugs from France.

prashant said...

I love your Roundabout!
free classified india